There are two large groups of radiators - plate and pulley. Each variety is used according to operating conditions. Roller insulation is most effective when finishing long sections and complex structures. This is achieved due to the high density and flexibility of the material. Rollers are compact and easy to transport and store. The installation process itself also does not pose any difficulties. The main thing is not to leave a space between adjacent sheets of thermal insulation.
Mineral wool and varieties of insulation
The use of mineral wool in rolls for heating various structures has been widely used due to the excellent thermal insulation properties of the material and the simplicity of working with it, as well as other positive qualities: low weight, lack of reach and low cost.
Using the mineral wool supplied in the coils, it is possible to quickly and easily insulate the floor or ceiling. However, for different cases, you need to choose mineral wool with certain properties. Types of mineral wool include the following types of insulation:
• Basalt insulation structure made in compact rolls is the best fiberglass. It is obtained by re-flowing rocks of mountainous origin.
• The cheapest and most sought after variety is glass wool. The fibers of this insulation are made from waste from the glass industry. It happens to the wall and ceiling.
• From the waste metallurgical industry, slag is made.
Basalt mineral wool in rolls withstands high temperatures, is not afraid of moisture, does not emit toxins when heated, has a small weight.
The peculiarity of glass wool lies in its lack of fusion and high soundproofing properties. It is necessary to work with this material with gloves, glasses and a respirator to protect against fine glass dust. The disadvantage is the lack of moisture resistance, so the insulation must additionally be protected from moisture, which is not always economically viable.
Insulation paper roll is a combined material with two layers. It consists of expanded polyethylene, polystyrene or cork foam and an outer layer of polished paper. The combination of these two materials has created the light, fine and effective insulation of the building envelopes within the building. With its help, high-quality protection of the coating against ultraviolet rays and moisture is ensured.
Aluminum roll insulation features a substrate material. The following items are for sale:
• With polystyrene foam backing - the most popular, comfortable and cheapest material. However, the thermal insulation properties are not as high as those of expanded polyethylene.
• With foam backing made of lightweight porous materials.
• With cork backing - the most expensive and natural coating, with excellent thermal and acoustic insulation properties.
The outer reflective layer consists of a metallic sheet or drop. The second option has a lower reflection, but perfectly retains steam, so this material is relevant in rooms with high humidity. The spray strength is lower than that of aluminum foil.
The main advantages of laminated polystyrene foam and other types of substrates with a reflective layer are as follows:
• Small thickness and light weight.
• The possibility of creating a uniform coating, which is especially important when laying a water floor, laying laminate and other floor coverings.
• Flexibility, thanks to which it is possible to isolate not only uniform but also complex structures.
Intrusive heat insulator and its properties
A separate type of flexible insulation is designed to fill the interventional space of timber and log houses. A distinctive feature of the material is its small width, which facilitates installation. The material is made from natural raw materials - wadding, jute and flax.
It is possible to use such thermal insulation in convenient narrow rollers not only in the process of building a new house, but also after several months / years.
Purpose and use of insulation roll
Roll insulation is a universal material, so it can be used for a wide range of construction and finishing works.
A lightweight thermal insulating material allows you to insulate and soundproof the walls, leveling the decor with wallpaper or wall panels. The material is cut into individual sheets and glued to a clean, dust-free wall. As glue, a cement-based composition is used, which provides strong adhesion to the base.
Most often, an insulating sheet is used to heat the pipes of an underground heating system. Laid on a base until prepared. Water circuits are fixed from above. During heating, heat energy is reflected from the substrate and directed upwards. Thus, heat loss in the basement is eliminated and the system itself becomes economically viable and efficient.
The widespread use of roll insulation for roof insulation is associated with the complex design of the herring system. This material is ideal for flat and sloping roofs.
Devices from popular manufacturers
On sale there are materials from different manufacturers. Among those leaders whose exemplary quality has proven themselves over the years are:
1. Knauf. Mineral wool has low thermal conductivity and excellent sound insulation.
2. (Isover) for a wide range of applications, due to the thickness of 2 to 15 cm. There are options with a sheet layer.
3. (URSA) material has a long service life and excellent sound insulation properties. It does not burn and does not emit toxins when heated, has elasticity. It is used in private homes and industrial facilities.
How to choose the most suitable insulation format?
Now that you know the three main forms of insulation solutions for your home, you know that each of them has different advantages.
Thus, depending on your needs and expectations, it is clear that one format will be preferred over another. But then, how not to make a mistake and choose the most convenient and important form?
Packing problem for roll insulation
If glass or rock wool in rolls is very common as an insulating solution, it still has a drawback: its lack of stiffness.
Its flexibility and lightness can be highly appreciated in some cases, especially in the context of horizontal insulation (floor insulation).
However, if you are thinking of insulating the walls of your home, we do not recommend that you choose roller insulation. And